If you’re like plenty of other families this summer, you’re probably planning on meeting with the extended family for a weekend of family reunion festivities. It can be overwhelming coordinating with so many different people to help make the weekend a success, so Cardstore has come up with some tips to help make your family reunion planning even easier.
1. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Planning a reunion can be stressful, so try to delegate to dependable relatives who will help to coordinate events, meals, and rooming arrangements.
2. Make rooming arrangements. Let family members who are coming in from out of town know about good places to stay that are central to where your events will be held.
3. Figure out what activities to schedule that will appeal to everyone. Will there be plenty of little ones there? Reserve a softball field for some friendly competition on the field, or create a crafting station for people to make their own t-shirts as a fun souvenir. Are there any family reunion activities you’ve done and especially loved?
4. Schedule meals. Make a list of some of the favorite restaurants in town you’d love to take family to, and be sure to make reservations for your big group in advance! If you’re hosting a meal at your home, have each family member bring a dish, silverware, or drinks to help make your grocery shopping easier.
5. Keep in touch with updates on what you have planned! Make sure a clear schedule with times, locations, and events is sent to all family members so everyone is aware of where to be and what to expect.
6. Confirm! In the week before your event, confirm your plans with relatives and restaurants to make sure everyone knows the schedule, and your reservations are scheduled for the proper times and locations.
What are some of your favorite family reunion memories?
Consider sending out invites far in advance so that everyone can keep track of the big event!