1. Handmade Paper Lanterns – I have always loved the romantic, whimsical looks of paper lanterns hanging outside for twilight dinners and parties, but have never known how to recreate the look on my own. However, this post from Curbly has 5 fantastic options for making similar paper lanterns on your own, and they’re all adorable! I’m not sure which tutorial to try first…
2. Handmade Southern Wedding – Everything about this wedding seemed heartfelt, laid back, sentimental, and fantastically personal. With so many details from their flowers to the guest book could easily provide inspiration for your own wedding. And that dessert trunk; how cute can it get??
3. Hollywood – Summer movies have always been a family favorite, but they’re generally confined to the couch or the movie theater. However, after seeing this backyard movie party on design*sponge this week, I can’t get thoughts of hosting something like this out of my head. The great snacks and vintage-looking decor make this celebration one of the best I’ve seen this summer.
1. Food Truck Wedding – The food truck craze seems to have hit everywhere, and it is even in the wedding world. This totally eclectic and incredibly cool wedding seen on Green Wedding Shoes was one of the best I’ve seen in a while. It looks like a party everyone there loved, and all the details were done in such a unique way. While I probably couldn’t pull something like this off, it’s a great wedding to admire.
2. Texas Hill Country Wedding – The wedding theme continues with a fantastic Hill Country wedding seen at Style Me Pretty. I first fell in love with the chocolate hues seen throughout the wedding, but when I spotted this ring bearer I was completely sold. It just doesn’t get much cuter than that!
1. Portofino Wedding – This gorgeous Italian wedding, featured at Style Me Pretty, is sure to take your breath away. Everything from the adorable yellow chapel to the all white wedding decor is stunning! The shot above, especially, is one of my favorites. Photography by Jacqueline Schmitz Campbell.
2. Letterpress Video – I found this short film on the basics of letterpress over at Pia Jane Bijkerk’s blog. Any stationery enthusiast is likely to know at least a little about the process of letterpress, but regardless, this film artfully done, interesting, and informative! Made by Naomi Ross.
3. The Internet is my Religion – Not nearly as controversial as it sounds, this totally inspiration video was brought to my attention by The Hairpin. This speech by Jim Gillian, film producer and internet expert, details how the internet helped him fight his battle with cancer, and ultimately saved his life. It’s slightly long, but worth it.
1. On Having a Boy – This beautiful post from A Cup of Jo is an excellent homage to raising a boy. From the anticipation of having a boy to actually holding him in her arms, Jo’s unconditional love for her little one is breathtaking and written so that mother’s of boys and girls can appreciate her thoughts.
2. DIY Festive Mexican Paper Flowers – I’m a huge fan of all DIY decorations, and these paper flowers seen on 100 Layer Cake are certainly no exception. They’re so easy to create in a wide variety of colors, and would be great for all different get togethers. With Cinco de Mayo coming up too, it could be festive decor to invest your time in creating.
1. The Invisible Man – This post from A Cup of Jo has been fasinating me for days now. No matter how many times I look at it, there’s always some picture in which this incredible artist has disappeared and it takes me quite a while to find him! The dedication and patience it would take to create just one shot is really astounding.
2. Long Walks – Although my walks don’t consist of such breathtaking sights as these seen on oh happy day, this sweet post has me reevaluating the value of a long walk in my own neighborhood.
3. Washington Wedding – With a short dress, adorable bowties, a cute dessert table, and mason jars, the laid back, country, 50′s style of this wedding on Style Me Pretty is out of this world and incredibly inspiring.
1. Dreamy DIY Wedding – This wedding from Style Me Pretty has such an ethereal quality to it. I love the flower arrangements! -Allison
2. Thanksgiving Decor Ideas - This post from design*sponge has all sorts of great rustic details that would enhance any Thanksgiving decor. -Allison
1. It’s November 3rd – All about getting in touch with the season and leaving behind the warmer months, this post is elegant and contains beautiful fall pictures. Instead of shuddering from the cold, it has me wanting to embrace the season. -Vanessa
2. Paying it Forward – I often think the real meaning of Thanksgiving is overlooked and passed over by an emphasis on the food for the day (which don’t get me wrong is awesome!), but I’d love to connect with the thanksfulness of the day. This post has 15 fantastic ideas for making someone’s day that I’m going to try to do through the holiday season and beyond. What do you think you’ll do? -Vanessa