It seems like in today’s digital age it’s easy to get lost in the never-ending ability to just send an email as an invitation to an event, or write on someone’s facebook wall to thank them for something sweet they’ve done. But when it comes to planning a birthday party, there’s something sincere and truly touching when an actual invitation or thank you card is sent and received. If you’re planning a birthday party anytime soon, Cardstore has some tips for you to help make the invitation before the event feel special, and to make your thank you note for after the event the perfect reminder of why you’re so appreciative of what they’ve done.
Featured Cards: Purple Bunting Flag Birthday, Big Five O, Birthday Daily Journal Invite
When inviting family and friends to a birthday celebration, whether it’s for you, on behalf of a significant other, or for a little one, it’s best to send your invitation out a month in advance for a more formal party, and 2 to 3 weeks in advance if it’s an informal gathering. Include where and when the party is with clear details about the venue, whether an RSVP is needed, and information about whether dinner, drinks, snacks, etc. will be served so they can plan accordingly. Browsing Cardstore’s many birthday party invitations can help you pick a theme that you can easily decorate around as well.
Featured Cards: Confetti Thanks, Ballerina Thanks, Polka Dot Balloon Thanks
After the party, birthday thank you cards provide the perfect chance to follow up on what a great time you had celebrating with your guests. Ideally, you or the little birthday boy or girl will write the thank you card within 2 to 3 days of the party so that excitement over the gift is still at its peak. You can even pick a thank you card with room for a photo so that a photo of you enjoying their gift can be added for a personalized touch. Be sure to mention how much you appreciate that they were able to celebrate your day with you, and that you’re looking forward to using their gift throughout the year. Sent 2 to 3 days after a party, birthday thank you cards are the final step needed in making sure all rules for birthday party etiquette are perfectly followed.
Once the cake has all been eaten, the streamers have been taken down, and the wrapping paper has been recycled, it’s time for a bit of well-deserved rest and relaxation after hosting a kid’s birthday party. The only problem is, those final thank you notes from the birthday boy or girl that need to be sent out always seem to be standing in the way! It can be so difficult to get a little one to sit down and write a sincere note (or just scribble in a sweet design), and for those who are just turning 1 or 2 (like so many of the Cardstore babies!), it’s simply impossible.
This year, why not make the process so much easier with kids birthday thank you cards from Cardstore? With so many cute designs to choose from that can be instantly personalized with a photo and note, there’s no better way to show friends and family how happy you and your little one are that they came and celebrated with you.
For the birthday girl, pick a card featuring some of her favorite things, whether that’s a crown fit for a princess, adorable owl, or sweet pink details. Let her add a message inside to tell family and friends how happy she is to have celebrated her big day with loved ones.
Did your party have a pirate, or Wild West theme? For the birthday boy, there’s a card that fits in perfectly with your party decor. Be sure to take a picture of your birthday boy with his new gift and add it to the card for a cute and personalized touch that shows just how much he has been enjoying all the loot from his birthday.
Whether it’s a kids thank you card from a birthday boy or girl, it’s sure to bring joy to everyone’s day with it’s completely personalized details. Be sure to look at all of Cardstore’s kids birthday thank you cards to find one that fits all your needs perfectly. Do you have your little ones help send their thank you cards?
Featured Cards: Princess Photo Thanks, Thank You Zig Zag, Owl Thanks, Pirate Photo Thanks, Yay Thanks
We’re getting closer and closer to the holiday season, which means everyone is going to be thinking about photos, designs, and addresses for their holiday cards. But before you even send a holiday card, why not take the time to create a Thanksgiving card?
Because holiday cards are so popular, many people don’t even consider the thought of sending Thanksgiving cards. The upcoming holidays shouldn’t stop you though; there are so many fantastic reasons to personalize a Thanksgiving card for your family and friends! Below are a few favorite reasons:
1. You beat the holiday rush! Thanksgiving cards are still rare, so if your friends and family receive a card from you, it immediately stands out. That card will definitely hold a place on the mantle for much longer than any holiday card would.
2. For businesses, it’s the perfect time to tell customers exactly how you feel; thankful for their business! By telling them how thankful you are, it’s a sincere celebration of the spirit of Thanksgiving.
3. Thanksgiving cards are often even more personal than holiday cards. While holiday cards are sent to family, friends, and acquaintances, often without a very personalized note, Thanksgiving cards are perfect for sending to those few truly special people you feel incredibly grateful to have in your life. With a personalized note inside, Thanksgiving cards become even more heartfelt.
4. Thanksgiving is a holiday traditionally spent with the extended family, and if you can’t be with certain family members, a Thanksgiving card is a great way to reach out. Tell them you’re thinking of them during the holiday, and how you wish you could be celebrating and eating Grandma’s pumpkin pie together.
With so many benefits to sending a Thanksgiving card, there’s no reason to wait for the holidays to show how blessed and thankful you feel! Why will you send a Thanksgiving card this year?
Administrative Professionals’ Day is on Wednesday, April 25th–which means that you have just enough time to create a thank you card for the invaluable members of your office who make the days go by smoothly. With Cardstore’s diversity of thank you cards, you can select a custom card that matches their personality and style. Stick to a professional design with a simple and clean thank you card, or look for something a little more quirky to convey your gratitude with color and a bold message. Send a smiling thank you from everyone in the office by adding a photo to one of Cardstore’s photo thank you cards. Whatever personalized thank you card you choose, just add a few sincere sentences to celebrate the contributions they make year round and share your appreciation.
Cardstore.com Bold Red Thanks Thank You Card
Cardstore.com Big Fat Thank You Thank You Card
During the rainy season, I add plenty of color to my life to make up for the lack of it in the nature around me. This eye-catching pink and orange holiday thank you card has me dreaming of a life set in bright fuchsias, pinks, and oranges.
Cardstore.com Pink Stones Holiday Thank You Card
Anthropologie Hat and Shower Curtain
J.Crew Flats and Kids Top
Madewell Dress and Jeans
Bed pictured at Flickr, featured in Elle Decor
Cookie and kate and Blood Orange French 75 Recipe
In a previous post, “Some Easy Thank You Card Tips,” I provided a quick guide to writing personal and heartfelt thank you cards—but personalized photo thank you cards offer an array of diverse options for making your thank you unique, creative, and tailored to your recipient. Here are a few ideas to ensure that the photo you include means as much as the message you write inside of your holiday thank you cards this January:
- Highlight a Shared Moment from the Holiday Season: If you have a photo of you and the person to whom you’re writing your card in front of the Christmas tree or sharing a warm winter hug, by all means include it! A sweet memory together is sure to earn you a spot on the fridge all year round. If your friend or family member was unable to spend the holiday season in your presence, include a priceless moment from Christmas morning or your yearly snow trip instead.
- Snap a Photo of You Using or Wearing the Gift: This tip could easily become a little cheesy—but who doesn’t want to see someone enjoying the gift they’ve given? This tip works especially well for young children playing with toys from Grandma or sisters who received matching outfits.
- Share More Memories with Multiple Photo Thank You Cards: Include thanks from the whole family by selecting a card that offers room for 2 or 3 personal photos. Take the opportunity to share both your favorite memories from the year past and your gratitude for their thoughtfulness this holiday season!
I’ve included a few of my favorite holiday thank you cards below, but be sure to check out our whole selection of Christmas thank you cards for yourself!
Cardstore Holiday Photo Thank You Cards, Top to Bottom, Left to Right:
Holiday Thank You Border, Green Dots Tag, Multicolor Thanks, Red Thank You Overlay
I always enjoyed school, so I can’t help getting a bit nostalgic watching the kids donning their new back-to-school clothes with fresh notebooks and backpacks in tow. I love both this personalized thank you card stationery and the lined paper pouches because they invoke similar nostalgia! Not to mention, back-to-school ushers in my favorite time of year–fall! Do lined paper and other scholastic goods make you think of your school days as well?
Cardstore.com Learn to Write Kids Thank You Cards
Lined Paper Cases from Etsy Shop pilosale
I’ve always liked this thank you card, but it’s the small pink bird in the corner that really puts it over the edge for me. I love small details that figure our feathered friends in everything from home decor to stationery, so this thank you card is perfect to match my personality. Luckily for me, bird motifs aren’t limited to Cardstore stationery. I can find bird-inspired goods in almost any medium I choose–pillows, mugs, jewelery, even (as you see below) doorstops!
Cardstore.com Rose Bird House Thank You Card by Susie Acheson
Doorstop and Dish Towel from Anthropologie
Bird Mug and Bird Pillow Covers from Pottery Barn
Bird Vase from Urban Outfitters