We’re in the tail-end of graduation season, which probably means you’re fresh out of gift ideas for all those high school graduates heading off to college. It’s easy to get the grad a gift card to a favorite store or give them some much-needed cash, but giving them something special that will help with the transition or make them an instant hit in the dorm rooms will make your gift really stand out. Check out some of our favorite gift ideas for high school graduates that are perfect for plenty of grads, especially when paired with a personalized graduation congratulations card that shows how proud you are of all they’ve accomplished.
1. Help them record all of their favorite memories with a digital camera. Taking pictures of their dorm room, floor socials, and new best friends will help any new college student remember what made the first year the best year yet. A digital camera is the easiest way for them to share their pictures on facebook with friends and family, and will help keep everyone in the loop about what a great time they’re having.
2. Making new friends has never been easier than with portable games like foosball or pingpong. Created in small sizes perfect for a dorm room or small apartment, these games are the perfect gift for the sporty grad who can connect with new friends over a friendly game.
3. Let them connect over music with speakers. Whether sharing their favorite new artists or listening to some of their favorite songs together, having a set of speakers beyond the normal computer ones will make this high school grad the hit of the college dorm.
4. Cancel out the noise of roommates (or those new speakers!) with a set of noise-cancelling headphones. Whether the new grad wants to jam out to his or her music in peace or needs to drown out the noise to make studying easier, these headphones will come in handy for a variety of occasions.
5. Remind the grad of where they’ve come from and where they’ll go. As they start this new chapter, any new grad will be a little sentimental for their home and friends from high school. A photo collage frame that holds pictures of their family and friends is a sweet decoration for any dorm room that their new friends will love to see as well. Tell the new grad how much you think they’ll still accomplish with a copy of a book like Dr. Seuss’ “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!“. You can personalize it with a sweet note inside to remind the graduate of how proud you already are of them, and how excited you are for all that the future holds.
Be sure to check out Cardstore’s collection of graduation cards to find one to pair with your gift for an added touch. Whether featuring a photo of the grad or an inspirational quote, it’s a great chance to share your best wishes with the grad. What are some of your favorite gifts to give to high school grads?