A best friend is someone to celebrate. Whether your best friend is a short walk or a long distance phone call away, there’s no doubt that a best friend helps get you through the day. Coffee dates, movie nights, girls nights out, and emergency phone calls are all part of best friend territory–and with Best Friend’s Day coming up, now’s the perfect time to celebrate those precious moments of friendship! Send or share a friendship card with your best friend in honor of Best Friend’s Day on June 8th, 2013. Capture a photo of you with your best friend and pen a heartfelt note to let him or her know just how much they mean to you. Send your friendship card across the country or attach it to a small gift and drive it over. It’s the small things that count, and best friends always know that! Use your best friend’s day card to take a few minutes and celebrate all the inside jokes and funny moments that draw the two of you together. A best friend doesn’t come around every day–and Best Friend’s Day is the perfect opportunity to let your bff know how much you treasure your friendship.
Posts from the ‘Celebrate Everyday’ Category
Cardstore “Pin it for papa” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
These Official Rules govern the Cardstore “Pin it for Papa” Contest (the “Contest”) offered by Cardstore, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on May 21, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 7, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Pinterest.
Eligibility: Contest is open to members of Pinterest who are legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry, except employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such employee. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Membership to Pinterest is free.
To Enter: To participate, visit www.pinterest.com to request a free Pinterest membership. To enter the Contest, go to http://www.pinterest.com/cardstore and follow Cardstore. Then re-pin an image from our board, “Pin it for Papa Contest” http://www.pinterest.com/pin-it-for-papa-contest to your Pinterest board of choice. Users can pin as many images as possible for more entries into the contest. Once your photo has been re-pinned, you will be entered into the Contest. Each user can re-pin an unlimited amount of images for multiple entries per person during the Contest Period.
Winner Selection: One winner will be selected on a weekly basis for three weeks through a random drawing. The potential winners will be announced on or about 12:00 p.m. ET on the following dates: May 24, 2013, May 31, 2013 and June 7, 2013. A grand prize winner will be randomly selected from all entries on 12:00 p.m. ET on June, 8, 2013. Winners will be announced on the Cardstore “Pin it for Papa Contest” Board, as well as through direct messages via Facebook if winners accounts are linked accordingly. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Pinterest account associated with the entry.
Prize: Each of the three weekly winners will receive a $50 VISA Gift Card. The one grand prize winner will receive a $300 VISA Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value: $450. Prize consists of only those items specifically described as included in the prize. All federal, state, and other taxes, costs and expenses, if any, relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Notification: Sponsor will contact potential winner via a comment on potential winner’s board or via direct message on the users Facebook page and request that the potential winner contact Sponsor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. ET on May 24, 2013, May 31, 2013 and June 7, 2013to accept or decline the prize. ALL ENTRANTS ARE ADVISED TO MONITOR THEIR ENTRY BOARD ON THE DRAWING DATE AND REGULARLY THEREAFTER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE NOTICES TIMELY. SPONSOR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL WINNER’S FAILURE TO RESPOND WITHIN THE REQUISITE TIMEFRAME. If a potential winner does not timely respond or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no payment or other compensation will be made to the original potential winner. Recipient of such notification (parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release within fourteen (14) days of acceptance or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings. After the third such drawing, the prize will remain unawarded. In the event of noncompliance with this or any other requirement, the non-complying potential winner will be disqualified. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
Release: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules. entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Pinterest and its respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions and related companies, together with and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees of each of them, and those companies supplying prizes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Contest or the award or use of a prize.
Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and television broadcast) without further consent or compensation except where prohibited.
General Conditions: Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission of any Contest-related website; failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or human error; printing or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Contest is terminated early, a potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
Disputes: The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, Winner and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Cleveland, Ohio. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Privacy: Handling of all participant information, including e-mail addresses, will be consistent with the Cardstore, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices. See http://www.cardstore.com/privacy.htm.
Sponsor: Cardstore, Inc., 1 American Rd, Cleveland, OH 44144.
Graduation season is upon us, which probably means you’re going to plenty of high school and college graduation parties, and maybe even a few pre-school graduations too for the little graduates! It can be difficult to know just what to say to the grad, so why not take some of our tips that are perfect for grads of any age, and will help your congratulations cards be memorable.
1. Pick out a card that reminds you of the graduate. Do they love a good laugh? Pick a funny congratulations card! Are they a fan of inspirational quotes? Pick a card featuring a quote that will immediately stand out. Is the grad in need of some words of wisdom? Pass some down with a card that contains some great tips and motivation. Know the graduate’s tastes, and choose a card that fits their style!
2. Give them positive congratulations. Even if the graduate doesn’t know exactly what he or she is doing after graduation, reassure them what an accomplishment graduation is to begin with, and what great things ahead they have to look forward to!
3. Congratulate them on a specific accomplishment. Did the graduate write a thesis? Did he or she graduate with honors? Were sports a big part of their schooling career? Mention a specific event that shows you took a keen interest in their educational career, and conveys a sense of pride for their graduation.
4. Mention your thoughts for the future. Whether that means wishing them luck in their new job, saying what a blast they’ll have in college, or wishing them luck in whatever the future brings, reassure the graduate that the next step is just as exciting as whatever they came from.
5. Keep it short and sweet. The grad is inevitably going to be opening plenty of cards for their graduation, so make sure yours stands out by sticking to the point! Cover the necessities – the congratulation, a specific shout-out, and your thoughts for the future, and leave it at that! The grad is sure to remember how sincere your congratulations card was.
How will you be celebrating all the grads in your life this year?
Even though we just finished celebrating the fantastic Mothers in our lives, it’s time to start thinking about honoring Dad! Coming up on Sunday, June 16th, this Father’s Day, we’re all about the personalized touches. Everyone’s relationship with their Dad is special in its own way, so why not celebrate what makes him the best Dad ever in a way only he can appreciate? Inspired by some of Cardstore’s Father’s Day cards which give you great personalized options like filling in speech bubbles with things he’s say, making a list of what you love most about him, and creating a special tribute just for him, we think it’s a great idea to make Dad’s day extra-special in an unconventional way this year.
What are some of the ways that you celebrate Father’s Day in a way your Dad will really love? Be sure to check out our Father’s Day board on Pinterest for even more inspiration for Father’s Day activities and gifts.
Memorial Day is right around the corner, on May 27th–and you know what that means: some much needed sunshine, relaxing, and plenty of BBQ for Memorial Day Weekend! While Memorial Day is a day for remembering and appreciating soldiers who have fought and died for our country in war, there’s no reason that remembrance can’t be served up with a smile. Use the next two weeks to ensure that your Memorial BBQ goes above and beyond, to kick off the summer in style!
Here’s our checklist to help you plan your Memorial Day BBQ:
- Choose your venue! Will this be a backyard BBQ, a BBQ in the park or a beachside grilling session? If you’re holding your BBQ in a public space, be sure to reserve a grill ahead of time.
- Plan the guest list and maximize your available space. Watch for overcrowding–especially in a backyard!
- Send out the invites to get the ball rolling. While Cardstore has a variety of specifically Memorial Day invites, be sure to check out our other BBQ or summer-themed invites as well!
- Buy the basic supplies: get cheap, bright, and patriotic paper plates, napkins, and cutlery.
- Plan your decor: will your BBQ be specifically patriotic, or will you go with a summer-theme? For a patriotic event, buy mini flags, star-spangled garlands, and plenty of other red, white, and blue goodies. For a summer-focused event, go for a tropical vibe with tiki torches, mini umbrellas, and other island-centered decor! Balloons and streamers are great for any event.
- Plan your main course. Make sure to have a couple of meat options–hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, chicken are all great options! Make sure to have vegetarian course as well. If you do choose to grill some veggies, make sure you grill them first, out of courtesy to the vegetarians.
- Have some fun with side dishes. While some chips or crackers and cheese will do just fine, side dishes are your time to shine. Showcase your killer potato salad or coleslaw, and help guests to remember your BBQ fare for years!
- Set up a condiment station with ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, and whatever else you think your guests might enjoy.
- Add a couple of ready made fruit platters and vegetable platters on the side.
- Stock the cooler! Fill your cooler with beer, soda and juice galore–but don’t forget the water bottles! If the weather cooperates, you’ll be needing those more than anything. Make some fresh lemonade to add a fun summer touch.
- Don’t forget the dessert! Simple brownies and chocolate chip cookies are sure to make everyone happy–but what dessert doesn’t make for happy party goers?
- Plan your server station: find a couple of tables, tablecloths, serving dishes, and serving spoons. Arrange your station so that guests can move in and out in an orderly fashion; buffet style does the trick.
- On the day of, slather up in some sunscreen, set up the stereo outdoors, and enjoy!
What would you add to our Memorial Day checklist? Are you attending or hosting a Memorial Day BBQ this year?
For many kids and adults, some of their favorite memories with Mom have been spent in the kitchen or around the dinner table. Whether she was whipping up a batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookies or making your favorite birthday meal, cooking with Mom is a memory that never fades. Many of us have such distinct memories of the food our Mothers have made over the years that a whiff of her home-made lasagna can bring back memories of family gatherings and stories.
For Mother’s Day, whether you’re celebrating with a special Mother’s Day brunch or recreating some of your Mom’s recipes for your own children, we think it’s incredibly important to share those recipes and memories from the one who started it all- your mom. If you’re thinking about gift ideas, compiling some of your favorite recipes together that Mom has made over the years is a sweet way to show her how much you pay attention to what she contributes to every event.
A few of Cardstore’s own Mother’s Day cards are kitchen and cooking-themed, perfect for that Mom or Grandma who always has something fresh coming out of the oven. Picking a card that lets you personalize the front with details about what you love most about her is another fun way to give Mom a shout out about some of your favorite things she’s made over the years. What are some of your favorite recipes passed down from your Mom?
So you missed the Mother’s Day shipping cutoff – it’s okay!
If you happened to be browsing Cardstore for Mother’s Day cards, just to realize that the shipping cutoff has come and gone, don’t panic! We’re here to let you know you have a couple more options to ensure that Mom will still get all the love she deserves on her special day. Thanks to our sister site, Americangreetings.com, you can fill her inbox or cover her Facebook wall with ecards, or you can print a card from the comfort of your own home – just choose which ever option is better for you. Here’s a little more info to help you decide…
AmericanGreetings.com ecards are perfect whether you are celebrating your mom or any special woman in your life. With choices ranging from funny and heartfelt, to cute and even talking cards, these innovative choices can be emailed, sent via Facebook, or mobile phone.
AmericanGreetings.com offers vibrant and colorful printable cards that are perfect for your mom or any special woman in your life. You can personalize and print Mother’s Day greeting cards right from your home. Crafty and creative, these cards are perfect for giving Mother’s Day that special personal touch!
If you’re looking for additional inspiration for Mother’s Day, check out this blog post from StayInspired365.com – a blog from American Greetings.
Graduates across the country are starting to don their caps and gowns for a commencement ceremony (whether it’s from preschool, high school, or college), which means it’s time to start thinking about throwing that perfect graduation party! Between attending other parties and planning your own, it can be tough to get everything prepared and ready beforehand to prevent any last-minute stress, so Cardstore has compiled some of our favorite tips that should help to make this year’s graduation party planning a breeze!
1. Create a guest list! Since graduation parties should include everyone who has supported the grad over the years, many people invite family members, friends from school and other activities, and the families of friends as well. Depending on how formal you want the event to be, you can decide whether or not to include young children in the festivities.
2. Pick an invitation that celebrates the graduate. Choosing an invitation with a photo of the grad is always a favorite for recipients, but not necessary. If you can get a picture of them in their cap and gown prior to the event, it will add a festive touch to the invitations that everyone will love. If not, just be sure to include the specifics of the celebration, along with when their actual graduation ceremony is so everyone knows the exact details of the graduate’s achievement. Since graduation is such a busy season for families, try to send your invitations out 2-3 weeks in advance to make sure all of the grad’s favorite people can be there to join in the celebration.
3. Decide on a venue. Many people choose to hold graduation parties in their own homes to keep costs low and make the party planning even easier. You may even consider co-hosting the party with another graduate so that costs can be split and you have a set-up and clean-up partner!
4. Choose a menu. Remember, graduation parties are about spending time to celebrate the accomplishments of the graduate, so keep things simple! Setting up a buffet with foods that can easily be made in advance and don’t require much reheating is often the most stress-free idea. Whether inspired by these 5 Graduation Party Menu Ideas or some of our Pinterest graduation party food finds, be sure to pick a menu that doesn’t require too much work during the actual party.
5. Decorate away! Pick a theme that the grad will love, whether that means decorating the tables with their trophies and certificates, decorating in the school colors, or picking a theme like a “Smart Cookie” party with plenty of cookies and milk, make sure the grad is on board with what you’re planning. Adding something for friends and family to sign as they leave, like a photo of the grad, is a one-of-a-kind keepsake the graduate will treasure. Be sure to check out Cardstore’s Graduation Pinterest board for plenty of graduation decoration inspiration.
What are some of your favorite party-planning tips that can be used for upcoming graduation parties?
Did you know that Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th – May 10th and Teacher Appreciation Day is May 7th? It’s the perfect chance to thank those special educators in your life, or in the life of your children, for all that they do. During this week, and especially on May 7th, we can take this opportunity to thank the educators for the important role teachers play in making sure every student receives a quality education.
One person here at Cardstore who takes special pride in thanking her sons’ educators is our Senior Product Manager, Elizabeth. She is the person around here responsible for managing our awesome card selection to ensure we have the best holiday and everyday cards to meet the needs of every Cardstore user. She also makes the most creative teacher thank you gifts, so we asked her to share with us her inspiration (and favorite Cardstore card for the holiday!).
Cardstore: Why do you take time to create a special card and gift?
Elizabeth: As a fulltime working mom, I am entrusting that my 4 year old twin boys are in the best care, not only learning about letters, shapes, and numbers, but also that they feel safe and appreciated. This is a huge responsibility for their teachers and I respect and appreciate all the hard work and attention they give to not only my boys, but all the class mates. By giving them a personalized card and gift, I feel like I am showing them how much I appreciate them.
Elizabeth: I have little guys, so I try to find a card that looks more juvenile, but also touches on the fact that these teachers are not only teaching them, but taking care of them. For example, the card I selected had this copy: “You get an A+, Teacher, for the helpful things you do, For your kindness and your patience, and just for being you! Happy Teacher Appreciation Day” It speaks to so much more than just “teaching”.
Cardstore: What message do you write in the card?
Elizabeth: Well, the boys are now able to write their full names, so I ship the cards home so that my boys can personally write their own names in the card. I also make sure to include a recent photo of the boys as well.
We’re certain that those lucky teachers will feel very appreciated after they receive their thoughtful gifts from Elizabeth! If you’re like us, you’re probably feeling motivated to create an awesome gift to give to the educators in your life. And if you’re looking for more Teacher Appreciation cards, check out what’s available at Cardstore.
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, it can be really easy to pick out a generic Mother’s Day card that thanks mom for all she has done for you through the years. While that’s sweet and certainly genuine, giving mom one of those cards can sometimes seem to be lacking a personal element that shows off what an incredibly unique and amazing mom she has really been. That’s where this week’s Story Behind the Card comes in: how to celebrate Mother’s Day by showing Mom you know what makes her really special and different from every other Mom.
Two of Cardstore’s designers, Becca and Elizabeth, were looking to create a Mother’s Day card that could be personalized with a statement that shows what makes an individual mom stand out, so they came up with a card featuring a fabulous Monster Truck Mama. The card was originally going to call out Mom’s skills in the kitchen, but Becca and Elizabeth quickly realized the card was forgetting about all the non-conventional, extraordinary moms who brighten their children’s lives with their one-of-a-kind interests and passions. Inspired by Elizabeth’s own love of monster trucks, this card became a celebration of all the moms who don’t necessarily fit in the conventional mom box.
This Mother’s Day, why not take a similar cue and personalize a card that shows you love Mom for just being who she is, and for inspiring you to be yourself too. Whether you’re celebrating her passion for running half-marathons, obsession with Jane Austen novels, or even her love of monster trucks, it’s a cute way to emphasize what a unique role she plays in your life. What makes your mom really stand out?