Planning the Perfect Pizza Party
You might think that a pizza party is the best (and easiest!) kind of party. Every party is, after all, just one pizza away from becoming one! But, if you really want to go above and beyond, your pizza party can be more than just a few liters of soda and a couple of local pies.
Get your DIY on and munch on a slice of everyone’s favorite food with our quick and easy guide to throwing your perfect make-it-yourself pizza party.
- Dealing with Dough: Making your own dough might be a risky endeavor, because so much can go wrong. The dough might fail to rise, be too sticky, or end up with a less-than-desirable consistency. Unless your an experienced pastry chef, there’s really no shame in outsourcing the dough making. Try getting pizza dough from your local shop to really get something tasty. Or, consider getting different types of pizza dough from your nearby gourmet grocery store–like wheat or cornmeal–to ensure that your guests will be able to customize their pizza to their heart’s content.
- Provide Sauce Options: Everyone appreciates a good red sauce–so be sure to experiment with levels of tanginess for yours! Consider adding other sauce options as well–like pesto, creme fraiche, or other cream-based sauces.
- Cheese it Up: Be sure to stock up on the shredded mozzarella–since everyone will need some of that. To add some new flavors to your pizza palette, consider Buffalo mozzarella, feta cheese, goat cheese, asiago, blue cheese, and parmeggiano reggiano. Your gourmet guests (and your taste buds!) will love you!
- Go Crazy with Toppings: Toppings are probably everyone’s favorite part because they offer the chance to really get creative. Accordingly, don’t skimp out on the toppings. Peruse a pizza menu to help you make a list of every topping you can imagine. Set up your own toppings station to avoid back-up.
- Easy Decor: The only must-haves for a pizza party are plenty of paper tablecloths (things might get a little messy!), paper plates, plastic cutlery, and plenty of pizza cutters. Feel free to add a little old-school Italian restaurant to your home with red and white checked tablecloths and cheesy Italian music.
- Don’t Forget the Drinks: Have plenty of options available, like soda, juice, and water for kids. Pick up some beer and red table wine for the adults!
What are your must-have toppings for your ideal pizza party?