Add a tasty touch to the Christmas season with some of these peppermint holiday treats! Peppermints are certainly some of the prettiest sweets around, and this holiday card is sure to invoke memories of some of your sweeter Christmases.
Archive for November, 2011
Though I have a penchant for Christmas carols, I definitely get some eye-rolls if I dare to play any before Thanksgiving is over. I never know, however, when the best time to get a Christmas tree is–you want it to stay fresh enough that it still smells like pine when Christmas comes, but you also want to maximize the length of your Christmas cheer! Regardless of my dilemma, I love searching out the perfect Christmas tree in the lot–this holiday invitation invokes just that!
While it isn’t technically Thanksgiving yet, I’ve already begun my Christmas shopping! What can I say? I love the holidays. I especially enjoy seeing the pretty accents of silver and sparkle at every store window. Here’s a couple ideas to help create a winter wonderland in your home.
Williams-Sonoma Tree Place Card Holders
Why not spread holiday happiness beyond the confines of your mailing list?
Cardstore.com is excited to announce the Send a Little You to Someone New program. By simply visiting our Facebook page and signing up, you can send holiday greetings across the country and make the day of someone you’ve never even met! Even better? You’ll receive a card in return! What could be better than that? All compliments of Cardstore.com! (Think this can’t be topped? Sign up and see what’s delivered to your inbox!)
There are no gimmicks here; the Send a Little You to Someone New program is as simple as it sounds. We hope to help you literally “send a little you” this holiday season with our beautiful, creative cards, personalized by you and shared with folks across the U.S.
We are Cardstore.com, and we believe in the power of a great greeting card. It’s our goal to help people connect and communicate with each other in a meaningful way. Please join us this holiday season and Send a Little You to Someone New.
See how easy it is to Send a Little You to Someone New this holiday season! Here are the step by step instructions:
1. Go to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Cardstore?v=app_284350871598220.#!/Cardstore?sk=app_284350871598220
2. Click “like”
3. Enter your personalized message
4. Choose one of three holiday cards
5. Enter your personalized message. Some fun message ideas are listed below (or scan Cardstore.com for more inspiration):
- May your bells be jinglin’ and your Kris be Kringlin’! Happy Holidays, new friend!
- We’ve never met. But I bet I can eat more snicker doodles than you. Have a super sweet holiday, new friend!
- I’m granting your holiday wish for a brand new friend, because I just couldn’t swing the mini horse this year. Hope you get everything you wish for!
- You wished for a brand new friend this holiday, and Santa brought you me. I’m sorry. I mean, you’re welcome. Happy Holidays, new buddy!
- Good King Wenceslas looked out… and he said it’s freaking freezing. Hope you’re staying warm, new friend!
- I fa-la-la-love making new friends, don’t you? Happiest of Holidays to you and yours.
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. Ok, I’m dreaming of a cabana in Tahiti. (I can’t lie to you, new friend.) Hope all your holiday dreams come true!
- May the New Year make everything all pretty again. Especially for you, new friend.
- Looking forward to making your acquaintance, my old friends weren’t as cool as I thought they were.
- It’s so hipster of us to make a friend through cards. Finding friends online is so last year.
- You can go far in life standing on the shoulders of giants, but you should probably hold on to their shirt collars to be safe. Happy Day to a New Friend!
6. Hit “send” and wait for the joy to be delivered to your mailbox!
Terms and Conditions for Facebook
Cardstore is a part of American Greetings Corporation. Our greeting cards are perfect for all of life’s important occasions, with card styles that are smart, stylish, playful, original, and modern.
THIS PROGRAM IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO CARDSTORE.COM AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.
2. You may not participate in this Program unless you are 13 years of age or older and a resident of the United States.
4. This Program starts on November 19, 2011 at 10:00 am CST and ends on December 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm CST.
5. Participants of this Program will send one card to a randomly selected participant and receive one card from a randomly selected participant. Cards will be sent via U.S. mail. This Program is free and there is no cost to participate.
6. Participants addresses will not be shared unless the participant includes his or her address in the card message, in the participant’s sole discretion.
7. All content posted or sent through our Program is your sole responsibility. We do not verify all content shared by those submitting content. The content does not express the views of Cardstore.com in any manner.
8. You may not send any messages or use this Program to harass, abuse or threaten others, to send messages containing profanity, obscenity, racial slurs, curse words, or sexually explicit material, or to submit any content that would otherwise jeopardize the security or safety of anyone. You may not use this Program to impersonate others. You may not use this Program to send commercial or advertising communications.
11. You represent and warrant that you own the content posted by you on, through or in connection with this Program, and that the posting of such content on, through or in connection with this Program does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. By participating on this site, you grant Cardstore.com, and its licensees and affiliates or other entities acting with its permission, a non-exclusive perpetual license to use your content in any way and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertising and other commercial purposes.
12. Disclaimer of warranty: Any information, services, materials, software, calculators or other items provided in connection with this Program are provided “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Cardstore.com does not warrant that this site or Program will be uninterrupted or error fee. Any risk arising out of use or performance of the information, services, materials, software, calculators or other items remains entirely with you.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CARDSTORE.COM OR ITS PROMOTIONAL OR ADVERTISING AGENCIES (THE “PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM, THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED OR RECEIVED BY PARTICIPANTS AND RECIPIENTS THROUGH THIS PROGRAM, OR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE PARTICIPANTS’ RECORDS. IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL THE PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF ONE DOLLAR ($1.00).
14. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Illinois without respect to any conflict of laws provisions. If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. By participating, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois and agree you will not object to such jurisdiction or venue on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, forum non conveniens or otherwise. To the extent it may be applicable, you agree to opt out from and expressly exclude any applicability of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING COMMENCED TO ENFORCE ANY RIGHT OR OBLIGATION OF THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY NOW HAVE OR HEREAFTER POSSESS TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
15. We reserve the right to modify or change this Agreement without notice. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Send a Little You to Someone New Contest
Official Contest Rules
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO CARDSTORE.COM AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility. The Send a Little You to Someone New. Contest (“Contest”) is open only to persons 18 years and older as of Contest start date who is legal residents of the United States of America. Employees of Cardstore.com and American Greetings (“Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers, franchisee and advertising or promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Entry Dates. The Contest begins on November 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM CST and ends on December 15, 2011 at 11:59PM CST or when 2,000 cards have been distributed through the “Send a Little You to Someone New” program (“the Program”).
3. How to Enter and Win. Use the recommended text provided by Sponsor to inform your readers to use your unique url to participate in the Program. Any purchase made by you or your readers from Sponsor shall not improve your chance of winning. Sponsor will select the winner based on the entrant who referred the most participants to the Program, as determined by the entrant’s unique url code.
4. Prize. One Winner will be awarded a year’s supply of greeting cards from Cardstore.com. Approximate retail value $300.00. Taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate retail value. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. All prize details (including without limitation, method and location of delivery of prize) are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Judge’s decisions are final.
5. Winner Notification. Winner will be notified by email on or about December 16th 2011 and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release form (except where prohibited by law) within ten (10) days of when notification is sent in order to claim the prize. The winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be complete and include the winner’s Social Security number. The winner’s Social Security number will be used solely to verify eligibility and for tax reporting purposes. The information in the winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct or the winner will be disqualified. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize, or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release forms as required, or if the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected.
6. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual Sponsor deems responsible and Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and substitute an appropriate alternate method of prize award selection. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Contest entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means are ineligible and will be disqualified. All entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, or if more than one person uses the same email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. Reservations. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees: (1) to be bound by these rules and Sponsors’ decisions; (2) that neither Sponsor, Facebook, Element 79 Partners, SocialKaty, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives are responsible for claims, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from Contest participation or the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss of misdirection of any prize, including punitive, consequential or any other damages, and any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) that the acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, address (city, state), likeness, photograph, prize information, and/or statements about the promotion for publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. All causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action
8. Miscellaneous. This Contest shall be governed by the State of Illinois substantive and procedural law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflicts of law, rules, or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. By participating in this Promotion, entrants irrevocably consent that Illinois courts shall have personal jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Promotion and the venue shall only be in the Federal and State courts of Illinois. Void where prohibited by law. All Federal, State, and local laws apply.
10. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Cardstore.com, located at One American Road Cleveland, Ohio 44144.
I love receiving everyone’s family Christmas card each year, mostly because I love seeing the smiling faces of friends and family! I only wish I had kept holiday cards from years past, to compare how loved ones have changed from one holiday season to the next. Not everyone wants to keep a Christmas card posted on their fridge year round, though most people (like me) would love to save the photo. That’s why I love the idea of adding one of our personal cards or gift tags as a photo insert in your family Christmas card. You cover the Christmas spirit with your card, and you supply a family photo that friends and family can hold on to. It’s the perfect combination!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The following Cardstore.com merchandise and/or services discount and/or giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is intended for viewing, or as applicable, participation in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this Sweepstakes if you do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth below.
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States (50 states and District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) year old and over as of the date of entry. Employees of Cardstore, Inc. (“Sponsor”), the entity or entities supplying the Prize(s) or providing any service(s) for any given Sweepstakes, and each of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion, fulfillment, distribution, and public relations agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or win a Prize. Additionally, relatives of such employees are not eligible to win. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. This Sweepstakes is not endorsed by Twitter.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must respond to a tweet made by the Cardstore Twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/cardstyle). You will need to include #cardstore in your tweet to be entered to win. By submitting your information, your name will be automatically entered into a random drawing for the Prize (defined below) from among all eligible entries received. All entries must be submitted via Twitter using #cardstore, during the period that the Sweepstakes is being offered, according to all applicable directions as listed on the Cardstyle Blog (www.cardstore.com/cardstyle-blog), or the entry will be void. Those who do not answer the prompt or fail to include #cardstore will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible or misdirected entries, bugs, failures in servers, hardware or software transmission failure or loss or delayed or corrupted data transmissions or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any portion of this Sweepstakes. All entries will become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. One entry per person/family/household.
(11/16) Prompt: “It’s a Twitter Giveaway! How early do you start holiday shopping? Tweet back w/ #cardstore in your answer to win: http://ow.ly/7jilc”
Prize: Five free cards
# of winners = 5
(11/21) Prompt: “Another giveaway! Time to buy the turkey; how many guests do you expect? Tweet us w/ #cardstore in your answer to win: http://ow.ly/7jilc”
Prize: $25 in free invitations
# of winners = 1
(11/28) Prompt: “Win on Twitter today! Do you use family photos in your holiday cards? Tell us w/ #cardstore in your answer to enter: http://ow.ly/7jilc”
Prize: $20 in photo cards
# of winners = 5
(12/6) Prompt: “Twitter giveaway time! Have you sent your holiday cards? Tell us w/ #cardstore in your answer for a chance to win big: http://ow.ly/7jilc”
Prize: $25 gift card
# of winners = 5
(12/13) Prompt: “Our LAST Twitter giveaway! Tweet us your favorite holiday greeting w/ #cardstore in your answer and be entered to win! http://ow.ly/7jilc”
Prize: $25 gift card
# of winners = 5
NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified via direct tweet that he/she, subject to verification, is a Prize winner. If a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from Sponsor’s first attempt, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected. The winner will need to direct respond to winning notification tweet to provide mailing address and email address associated with their existing Cardstore account. If winner does not have a Cardstore account, they should set one up and then contact us with the email associated with the account. There is no cost to create a Cardstore account. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/DISCLAIMER: All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, by entering a Sweepstakes, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, likeness and biographical data and/or any other information contained in his/her entry in advertising, promotional and marketing materials by Sponsor in any and all media now known or later devised and release Sponsor and the Sponsor Affiliates from all related liability. This grant of use is binding on entrants heirs, assigns, executors, administrators and representatives. Winners may be required to sign, have notarized and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of receipt of such document(s) or Prize will be forfeited. All Prize claims and winner materials will be verified by Sponsor. If this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, because of any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control which corrupts or threatens to corrupt or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes and Sponsor can perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, suspension or modification of the Sweepstakes.
RELEASE/LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: Winner, by acceptance of any Prize, agrees to release Sponsor and the Sponsor Affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of any Prize or while traveling to and from a location to obtain or use any Prize. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority. Neither Sponsor nor the Sponsor Affiliates make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any Prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Sponsor nor the Sponsor Affiliates are responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by Sponsor or the Sponsor Affiliates, the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes and which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Any person who supplies false information, enters by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any Prize will forfeit the Prize won and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. Any action by entrant or any third party brought to enforce these rules or, in connection with any matters related to the Web Site shall be brought only in either the State or Federal Courts located in Cleveland, Ohio and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. Each entrant further agrees to not knowingly: damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes; prevent others from using the Sweepstakes; or obtain or modify another user’s non-public account information without their consent. Submission of an entry is acknowledgment of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an e-mail entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WINNERS LIST/CONTACT INFORMATION: A list of the winners’ names may be posted on http://www.cardstore.com/cardstyle-blog/2011/11/twitter-giveaway-rules/.or within ten (10) days after winners are verified. For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
One American Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
© Cardstore, Inc.
Nothing gets me in the mood for Christmas more than peppermint baked goods and coffee drinks! I have a particular weakness for peppermint mochas. Get guests in the mood for your holiday bash with a Christmas invitation that invokes everyone’s favorite holiday treat.
Tomorrow is the last day to order Thanksgiving cards for your friends and family. Just select your card and personalize before the end of tomorrow, 11/15, to ensure that loved ones know how grateful you are for them this year!