First of all, if you’re recently engaged, CONGRATULATIONS! This is a really exciting time in your life.
I’ve been married for a year and a half now, and it’s been totally amazing. It was pretty late in the evening the night my husband proposed to me, but I still called my family and friends to share my exciting news, and after lots of happy tears and joyful conversations, I knew my next step would be to ask my best friends to stand by my side on my big day.
One of them lives pretty far away, but I wanted to ask her to be a part of our big day. I also wanted to do it in a special way (not just over the phone), so I designed her a card that said, “Be my bridesmaid?” and mailed it to her. (At that time, we didn’t offer any cards on Cardstore that do this.) She loved it, and I’m happy to say that my card to her was part of the inspiration behind the beautiful “Will you be my bridesmaid?” cards we now offer on our site.
Asking your friends to be a part of your big day can be a lot of fun for you and them. To get the ideas flowing, I put together a group of cute, creative, and not-too-time-consuming ways to ask your friends to join in on all your excitement and upcoming decisions! I’ve also ranked them in order of my favorites :)
1. “Will you be my bridesmaid?” card via Cardstore
2. Homemade lip gloss with nail polish via heart.love.weddings
3. DIY box of dress details, wedding colors and nail polish via Wedding Chicks
4. Personalized “Will you be my bridesmaid?” wine label via iCustomWine on Etsy
5. Madlib “Will you be my bridesmaid?” cards via Camispaperie on Etsy
6. Ring pop in a box DIY via Project Posh Events
If you have any other ideas, we’d love to hear them!
If you enjoyed this post, head over & subscribe to our RSS Feed.