Thanksgiving will be here in just a few weeks, and I’m starting to feel stressed about all the preparation I still have to do. There’s so much to think about between the dinner, dessert, decorations, table settings, and just making sure there’s enough room for everyone!
With such a long to-do list, I started to forget what this holiday is really about – celebrating all that we have to be thankful for. Now that I’m a mom, and Carter is actually old enough to learn about the holidays, it’s so important to me that he knows that Thanksgiving is about more than turkey, football and naps.
So, I set out to find a creative idea that could become a new family tradition for us. I came across so many awesome ideas, I just had to share some of them.
Maybe your family already has some things that you do every year, but if you’re looking to change things up, here’s a few new ideas that might inspire your family to celebrate the thankful this year.
8 Thanksgiving traditions to bring out the thankfulness in your family
1. Give thanks and create a colorful craft with this free Thankful Banner download via CarinaGardner.com
2. Dress up your table with our free Thanksgiving Printables
3. Grow a Thankful Tree via The DIY Mommy
4. Write and decorate a Thankful Poem via Let’s Explore
5. Set your Thanksgiving table with a Runner of Thanks via Finding Home Online
6. Start a surprise food tradition with Gratitude Rolls via Beauty and Bedlam (I’ll definitely be trying this one this year!)
7. Find out everything your kids are thankful for by making a Paper Quilt via Let’s Explore
8. Start a Thanksgiving Table Runner & update with new turkeys every year via Spoonful of Imagination
If you have any other ideas or creative ways you celebrate Thanksgiving, feel free to leave a note in the comments!