The experience of getting family photos taken be really fun, but it can also be a little stressful. After all, there’s a lot of stuff to think about! How do you find a good photographer? What do you wear? How do you make sure your kids will behave?
The best way to cut down on the stress and have a successful session is to be informed and prepared. And, because I don’t want you to have to scour the internet searching for articles on everything from choosing a photographer to prepping your family to ordering prints, I’ve compiled this handy list for you!
So, read, enjoy, and have a fun and stress-free family photo shoot!
- What is custom photography
- Planning for the end result
- What is lifestyle photography
- Lifestyle photography from a photographer’s point of view
Choosing a photographer
- How to choose a photographer for your family pictures
- How much to expect to pay for a family photographer
- Questions to ask your potential professional photographer
Preparing for your session
- 40 ways to prepare for an awesome photo shoot
- Best advice for photography clients – from the pros
- Family photo shoot tips for photographers and clients
- Prepping your family for professional portrait sessions
- Tips for a successful photo shoot
Looking your best
- What to wear for family pictures
- What to wear guide for both clients and photographers
- Never look bad in a photo again
- Tips for photo makeup
- Posing tips for family pictures
After your session
- How to back up your photos right now: a public service announcement
- Save your photos from disappearing forever
- Consumer photo labs vs. pro photo lab
- Pro prints vs drugstore prints… it does matter!
- Make a totally customizable ‘create-your-own’ holiday photo card
If there’s any other information that you think I should add, let me know in the comments!